We are living in rather strange times. The dynamics of the new Corona Virus are rather baffling. Intellectuals who we can rely on for genuine interpretation of the problem (like Noam Chomsky and Dr. Ramanan Lakshmi Narayan) are saying that most of the cases of Covid-19 are going to be benign. Out of the twenty percent cases 10 to 15 percent are curable through proper medicine schedule and the remaining population is vulnerable and the disease could turn out to be fatal.
Now coming to the sub-continent, India has a population of around 134.8 crores. An expert suggested that by June, sixty percent of the population could be infected. That means somewhere close to 300-500 million. But, most of them can be cured. Leaving behind, just a two million vulnerable population. Isn’t it now, not that scary? Epidemiologists across the world and health experts suggest that ‘Social Distancing’ is the only possible measure to keep oneself safe from the disease until an effective vaccine gets prepared.
We human beings at this hour of distress are not only responsible for our own well-being but also the well-being of our near and dear. Hence, we need to keep ourselves distanced from one and all. Distancing yourself from the fake news that makes you feel even more stressful is very important too. But social distancing in itself comes with a volley of problems- Employment vulnerability, being one. Virtual industries are blessed that way because social distancing happens there naturally. People working in IT and Software firms can keep their hearths burning by working from home.
Work is worship. Indeed it is, and there is no second thought about it. All the employees who are currently working from home during this pandemic panic should realize it. In this blog we will give you some tips on working sincerely from home, not getting distracted and at the same time not compromising on the fun element.
1) Do not compromise on your official timings: It is hard to consider home as office instantly. It needs to seep in, and it will, over a period of time. Nevertheless, think that between 10 am and 7 pm we are in office. So, that time needs to be blocked. However, you might take stress busting breaks every two to three hours by going around, catching up on some news or munching popcorn or sipping coffee. But sooner you have to get back to your work desk.
2) Place of work from home: Have your work station installed in your home which has maximum energy, light and positivity. If you want to work from the comfort of your bedroom, by having your office set next to your bed that is fine too. Ensure that you have all your work gear fixed properly in order not to face any issue. I personally opt for this because I can keep working until I feel sleepy and the first thing that I would do after I wake up is switch on my virtual office for any important message from my boss or colleagues.
3) Ensure smooth flow of technology: If there are any internet or Wifi issues, get them sorted out then and there. It might take time to find a technician to fix your problems but get them done on a priority basis. It is difficult to work amidst potential obstacles.
4) Inform the family members: Take your family members into confidence and tell them that you will be working from home owing to pertinent reasons. Tell them not to disturb you while you are working. However, having family around could be an inspiration in itself, to work effectively.
5) Have online meetings: Since you need to fill your cup with that ‘office feel’ keep meeting your colleagues and boss online via many apps such as ‘Skype’, ‘Zoom’, ‘Go to Meeting’ frequently. This will keep your boss updated on the work you are doing. You might even seek suggestions and further work allotment and keep interacting with your colleagues on a frequent basis. This will keep your energy levels up and high.
6) Working from home: will keep you at ease and mind away from the constant unpleasant news about the pandemic pouring in from various channels. Since you are busy with work, you will not even get time to think anything negatively. At the end of the day you will feel more energized and pray for the suffering people, in fact for everyone.
These are some very interesting ideas on “Working from home”. Do share with us some more if you have any. And finally remember:
“Success doesn’t come from what you do occasionally. It comes from what you do consistently.”